Saturday, March 28, 2015

After much Kindle formatting, my book is now available as a paperback and e-book!!!

I was going to save this post for next week because my books were anticipated to arrive April 3rd, but they came in today. It is such a surreal feeling to see something you have written and put together actually be in your hands. I ran around my house screaming "I have a book!" to my parents and anyone else that would listen to my mad rantings. I was overcome with joy, excitement, happiness, and oh so many more feelings that I cannot name.

The cover looked much better than I had anticipated and the inside was formatted beautifully. I am impressed with CreateSpace despite the many negative comments I have seen about them. I was very hesitant to publish with them at first because of this. However, now that I've seen my actual book I am more than happy with the quality.

It was a lot of work on my end to format the interior both for the CreateSpace edition and the Kindle edition. The Kindle edition took the most editing and reformatting of all because I was a dodo head and didn't take the time to read the directions.

For those of you struggling with formatting click on the links below for some information that will make it a whole lot easier.

1. Simplified Formatting Guide
2. Building Your Book for Kindle
3. How to Format Your E-Book

Thank you again to everyone who has supported and encouraged me. Below is the product of my work and your support!

The Front Cover!

Sample of the Interior

The Back Cover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment